- Part Of:
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 inches (29.8 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/2 × 9 5/8 inches (16.5 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 108."; upper right "35"; lower left: "R 108 Etching"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sir Chat. Robinson | Lotterberg | Ward | 27.3.14"; lower center: "AW"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etched by W.B. Cooke. 1820. | Bridport Dorsetshire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Bridport | Dorsetshire | England | English Channel | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Bridport, Dorsetshire, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.