- Part Of:
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 16 7/8 inches (34 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/4 × 9 3/8 inches (15.9 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.109."; upper right: "36"; lower left: "R.109 Etching"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sir Chas.Robinson | Sotherbys | Ward | 27.3.14"; lower center: "AW."
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etched by W.B. Cooke, 1820. | Fowey, Cornwall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | channel (water body component) | landscape (representation) | marine art | river | watchtowers
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | English Channel | Europe | Fowey | Fowey Blockhouse | Fowey River | Polruan Blockhouse | St. Catherine's Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Fowey, Cornwall, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.