Torbay from Brixham
- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 17 inches (34 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (15.9 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.111."; upper right: "39"; lower left: "R. 111 Etching"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sir Chas. Robinson | Sotherbys | Ward | 27.3.14"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etching_W.B. Cooke. | Torbay from Brixham"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | harbour | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Brixham | Brixham Harbour | Devon | England | English Channel | Europe | Torbay | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Torbay from Brixham, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.