IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Torbay from Brixham, 1814 to 1826
Torbay from Brixham
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 17 inches (34 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (15.9 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.111."; upper right: "39"; lower left: "R. 111 Etching"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sir Chas. Robinson | Sotherbys | Ward | 27.3.14"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etching_W.B. Cooke. | Torbay from Brixham"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | harbour | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Brixham | Brixham Harbour | Devon | England | English Channel | Europe | Torbay | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.