- Part Of:
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 7/8 inches (22.2 × 30.2 cm) and Image: 6 1/8 × 9 1/2 inches (15.6 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 113."; upper left: "43"; lower left: "113. E.P. I."; lower right: "2nd state."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "A. Wallis"
Lettered below image: " Drawn by J.M.W. Turner. R.A. | Etched by George Cooke 1822 | MARGATE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | headland | lighthouse | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Foreness Point | Kent | Margate | Margate Lighthouse | North Sea | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Margate, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.