- Part Of:
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 7/8 inches (22.2 × 30.2 cm), Image: 6 1/8 × 9 1/2 inches (15.6 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 113."; upper left: "43"; lower left: "113. E.P. I."; lower right: "2nd state."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "A. Wallis"
Lettered below image: " Drawn by J.M.W. Turner. R.A. | Etched by George Cooke 1822 | MARGATE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | headland | lighthouse | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Foreness Point | Kent | Margate | Margate Lighthouse | North Sea | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Margate, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.