- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 13 1/8 inches (27.3 × 33.3 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 12 1/8 inches (25.1 × 30.8 cm), Image: 5 3/4 × 9 1/4 inches (14.6 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R 114. E.P. 2 (a)"; lower left: "E.P. 2 (a) | Rye | no EPs known to [...] | 114. E.P Before sky completed- in white space of [...] above & before dark ragged clouds were added in center; before [...] & shadows on crashing wave darkened, alsa shadows across middle distance"; lower right "2 of 3"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W Turner R.A. | Etched by Edward Goodall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Brede | Camber Castle | East Sussex | England | Europe | Rye | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Rye, Sussex, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.