Clovelly Bay and Lundy Island
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 17 5/8 inches (29.5 × 44.8 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 1/8 inches (22.9 × 30.8 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 × 8 7/8 inches (14.6 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Completed E.P."; lower center "WBC"
Blind embossed "W.G.R."
Lettered below image: " J.M.W Turner R.A. del | William Miller Sculp 1824 | Clovelly Bay and Lundy Island"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | island | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Bristol Channel | Clovelly | Devon | England | Europe | Lundy | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Clovelly Bay and Lundy Island, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.