IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, St. Mawes, Cornwall, 1814 to 1826
St. Mawes, Cornwall
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 15 1/2 inches (27.3 × 39.4 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 5 3/4 × 8 5/8 inches (14.6 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 116."; upper right: "49"; lower left: "116 Etching. St. Mawes"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "[...] H.P Mellon Coll | Pultiere | 29.4.21 1 of 10"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etched by J.C. Allen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castles | cityscape | estuary | landscape (representation) | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Carrick Roads | Cornwall | England | Europe | Fal | Falmouth | Pendennis Castle | Roseland peninsula | Saint Mawes | Saint Mawes Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.