St. Mawes, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 15 1/2 inches (27.3 × 39.4 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 × 8 5/8 inches (14.6 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 116."; upper right: "49"; lower left: "116 Etching. St. Mawes"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "[...] H.P Mellon Coll | Pultiere | 29.4.21 1 of 10"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etched by J.C. Allen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castles | cityscape | estuary | landscape (representation) | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Carrick Roads | Cornwall | England | Europe | Fal | Falmouth | Pendennis Castle | Roseland peninsula | Saint Mawes | Saint Mawes Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, St. Mawes, Cornwall, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.