St. Mawes, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; first published state india paper on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 13 7/8 inches (26.4 × 35.2 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 5/8 × 11 5/8 inches (21.9 × 29.5 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 × 8 3/4 inches (14.6 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 116. E.P.I. Before Title"; lower left: "Final Proof"; lower center: "St. Mawes Cornwall"
Letter below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engraved by J.C. Allen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Carrick Roads | Cornwall | England | Europe | Fal | Falmouth | Pendennis Castle | Roseland peninsula | Saint Mawes | Saint Mawes Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, St. Mawes, Cornwall, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.