- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; first published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 19 inches (32.4 × 48.3 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (24.1 × 31.1 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/4 × 11 7/8 inches (23.5 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 6 × 9 1/2 inches (15.2 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 117. Completed E.P."; lower center: "Southern Coast";
Blind embossed: "W.G.R."
Lettered below image: "DRAWN BY J.M.W. TURNER R.A. | ENGRAVED BY ROBERT WALLIS | Ramsgate."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | cityscape | lighthouse | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | Kent | Ramsgate | Ramsgate Lighthouse | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Ramsgate, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.