- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 3/4 inches (22.5 × 29.8 cm), Image: 6 × 9 1/2 inches (15.2 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.117."; upper right: "50"; center left: "before highlights on lighthouse | before light here waves darkened"; lower left: "11T. E.P.3 | before lights on waves."; lower center: "Ramsgate"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Ramsgate."; lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower center: "Artists Proof. after and slightly altered | all the lighthouse and rain cloud to | and before names | ex A. Wallis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | cityscape | lighthouse | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | Kent | Ramsgate | Ramsgate Lighthouse | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Ramsgate, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.