- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching, open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 16 inches (32.4 × 40.6 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 3/4 × 11 3/4 inches (22.2 × 29.8 cm), Image: 6 × 9 3/8 inches (15.2 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.119."; upper right: "52"; lower left: "Combe Martin | R119. | Etching"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W Turner R.A. | Etched by William Miller."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Bristol Channel | Combe Martin | Combe Martin Bay | Devon | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Coombe-Martin, Devonshire, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.