- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 16 inches (29.5 × 40.6 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (24.1 × 31.1 cm), Image: 8 1/8 × 11 1/8 inches (20.6 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.119. E.P.II"; upper right: "53"; lower left: "R.119 | Eng. Pf. (Early) | Coombe Martin | Before boat in bay, [...] E.P.2"; lower right: "2nd state | without the boat."
Lettered below image; "Drawn by J.M.W Turner R.A. | Etched by William Miller."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Bristol Channel | Combe Martin | Combe Martin Bay | Devon | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Coombe-Martin, Devonshire, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.