- Part Of:
- 1814 to1826
- Etching and line engraving; intermediate engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 19 5/8 inches (33.3 × 49.8 cm), Plate: 9 5/8 × 12 3/8 inches (24.4 × 31.4 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/4 × 12 inches (23.5 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 × 9 1/4 inches (15.2 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 112. E.P. Intermediate."; lower left: "Engraver's proof [...] unique state."; lower right: "Southern Coast"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R."
Lettered below image: "Engraved by Georg Cooke from a Drawing by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Brighton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | palace | piers (marine landings)
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | English Channel | Europe | The Royal Pavilion | The Royal Suspension Chain Pier | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Brighton, 1814 to1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.