- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; first published state india paper on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 11 × 14 1/4 inches (27.9 × 36.2 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 3/8 inches (24.1 × 31.4 cm), and Image: 6 1/8 × 9 1/4 inches (15.6 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "35 R. 122 Completed E.P."; lower left: "First Proof"
Stamp, lower right: "W.G.R"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; center: "Brighton"; lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke. 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | palace | piers (marine landings)
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | English Channel | Europe | The Royal Pavilion | The Royal Suspension Chain Pier | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.