- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 20 inches (34 × 50.8 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (24.1 × 31.1 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/4 × 12 inches (23.5 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 × 9 1/8 inches (15.2 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.122."; upper right: "55"; lower left: "R122 Etching."; lower right: "? 1st State Etching."; on verso in graphite, lower left: "in Chas, Robinson lettering 27.3.14."
Lettering below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etched by George Cooke | BRIGHTON"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | palace | piers (marine landings)
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | English Channel | Europe | The Royal Pavilion | The Royal Suspension Chain Pier | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Brighton, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.