- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-colle`
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 12 inches (23.8 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/4 × 11 7/8 inches (23.5 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 6 × 9 5/8 inches (15.2 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.123"; upper right: "57"; lower left: "R.123. E.P.2"; lower center: "Folkstone"; lower right: "1825."; inscribed on verso, lower left to lower center: "Unfinished streams of light on sands and lightened | rocks in the foreground were softened afterwards | Before the date was altered to 1826."
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Tyrner R.A. | Engraved by Robert Wallis. 1825. | Folkstone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | Folkestone | Kent | Parish Church of St. Mary and St. Eanswythe | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Folkstone, Kent, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.