IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Folkstone, Kent, 1825
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 12 inches (23.8 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/4 × 11 7/8 inches (23.5 × 30.2 cm), Image: 6 × 9 5/8 inches (15.2 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.123"; upper right: "57"; lower left: "R.123. E.P.2"; lower center: "Folkstone"; lower right: "1825."; inscribed on verso, lower left to lower center: "Unfinished streams of light on sands and lightened | rocks in the foreground were softened afterwards | Before the date was altered to 1826."
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Tyrner R.A. | Engraved by Robert Wallis. 1825. | Folkstone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | Folkestone | Kent | Parish Church of St. Mary and St. Eanswythe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.