Dover from Shakespeare's Cliff
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 3/4 inches (22.2 × 29.8 cm), Image: 6 3/8 × 9 1/2 inches (16.2 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 126. E.P. early."; lower right: "no 2"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner RA. | Etched by George Cooke | Dover"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Dover from Shakespeare's Cliff, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.