- Dover from Shakespeare's Cliff
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 3/4 inches (22.2 × 29.8 cm) and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 1/2 inches (16.2 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 126. E.P. early."; lower right: "no 2"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner RA. | Etched by George Cooke | Dover"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Dover from Shakespeare's Cliff, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.