- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; first published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 16 inches (28.6 × 40.6 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 7/8 inches (22.9 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 3/4 inches (16.5 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.127"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engraved by J. Horsburgh | Whitstable | Kent"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom | Whitstable
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Horsburgh, 1791–1869, British, Whitstable, Kent, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.