- The Spot where Harold Fell
- Etching and line engraving; first published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 21 inches (37.8 × 53.3 cm), Plate: 9 × 13 inches (22.9 × 33 cm), Chine collé: 8 5/8 × 12 1/2 inches (21.9 × 31.8 cm), and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 1/2 inches (16.2 × 24.1 cm)
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | Engraved by W.B. Cooke, 1816. | Battle Sussex | The spot where Harold fell. | London Published as the Act directs June 1. 1816."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, The Spot where Harold Fell, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.