- Raby Castle, County of Durham
- Etching and line engraving; first published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 19 7/8 inches (33.3 × 50.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/8 × 17 1/4 inches (28.9 × 43.8 cm), Chine collé: 10 7/8 × 16 5/8 inches (27.6 × 42.2 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 × 11 inches (19.4 × 27.9 cm)
Blind embossed: "W.G.R."
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engraved by S. Rawle | Raby Castle | Co. of Durham | The Seat of the Earl of Darlington | Printed by McQueen | Proof | London, Published by Nichols, Son & Bentley, March 1820."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Rawle, 1771–1860, British, Raby Castle, County of Durham, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.