The Rialto, Venice
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 17 3/8 inches (28.6 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (14.3 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1 | Early proof"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by J.Pye"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | church | cityscape
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Grand Canal | Italy | Ponte di Rialto | San Bartolomeo church | Veneto | Venezia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, The Rialto, Venice, 1818-1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.