The Rialto, Venice
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 17 3/8 inches (28.6 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 5 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (14.3 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1 | Early proof"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by J.Pye"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | church | cityscape
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Grand Canal | Italy | Ponte di Rialto | San Bartolomeo church | Veneto | Venezia
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, The Rialto, Venice, 1818-1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.