The Rialto, Venice
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Open etching, line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 15 inches (27.1 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 3/4 × 11 9/16 inches (22.2 × 29.4 cm), Image: 5 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (14.3 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.144. Etching (1.)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "144. Etching. 1st state"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "144"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "z841a"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | church | cityscape
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Grand Canal | Italy | Ponte di Rialto | San Bartolomeo church | Veneto | Venezia
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, The Rialto, Venice, 1818-1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.