The Rialto, Venice
- Part Of:
- Etching, line engraving and stipple engraving, 2nd state on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- 11 5/8 × 17 3/8 inches (29.5 × 44.1 cm), 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), and 5 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (14.3 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.144. Etcihng (2)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "144 Etcing. 2nd state. A's names added; also from lines in sky."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Etching state | Etching state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "z841c"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by J. Pye."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | church | cityscape
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Grand Canal | Italy | Ponte di Rialto | San Bartolomeo church | Veneto | Venezia
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, The Rialto, Venice, 1818-1820