Bridge at Narni
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, and etching, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 7/16 inches (29.8 × 44.3 cm), Plate: 10 1/2 × 14 9/16 inches (26.7 × 37 cm), Chine collé: 8 15/16 × 11 5/16 inches (22.7 × 28.7 cm), Image: 5 9/16 × 8 3/4 inches (14.1 × 22.2 cm)
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. from a finish'd Sketch by James Hakewill."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by S.Middiman."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Bridge of Augustus | Europe | Italy | Narni | Terni | Umbria
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Middiman, ca. 1750–1831, British, Bridge at Narni, 1818-1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.