Rome, Bridge and Castle of St. Angelo, on the Tyber
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, first published state on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 11 1/2 × 17 1/2 inches (29.2 × 44.5 cm), 9 × 11 15/16 inches (22.9 × 30.3 cm), 8 3/4 × 11 1/2 inches (22.2 × 29.2 cm), and 5 9/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.1 × 21.9 cm)
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A.from a finish'd Sketch by James Hakewill."; lettered, lower center: "Rome, | Bridge, & Castle of St. Angelo, on the Tyber. | Published as the act directs. Oct. 1.1818, by John Murray, Albemarle Str., London."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by George Hollis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basilica | bridge | castle | cityscape | mausoleum | river
- Associated Places:
- Castel Sant'Angelo | Europe | Italy | Lazio | Ponte Sant'Angelo | Roma | Saint Peter's Basilica | Tevere
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Hollis, 1792–1842, British, Rome, Bridge and Castle of St. Angelo, on the Tyber, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.