Rome; Bridge and Castle of St. Angelo on the Tyber
- Additional Title(s):
Roma, Castel Sant' Angelo and Ponte Sant' Angelo on the Tiber
Rome, Mausoleum of Hadrian and Bridge of Hadrian, on the Tiber River
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine colle
- Sheet: 9 9/16 × 12 3/4 inches (24.3 × 32.4 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 15/16 inches (22.9 × 30.3 cm), Chine collé: 8 9/16 × 11 1/2 inches (21.7 × 29.2 cm), Image: 5 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (14.3 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.147. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "2863"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Rome"
Lettered, lower right: "Etched by G. Hollis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basilica | bridge | castle | cityscape | mausoleum | river
- Associated Places:
- Castel Sant'Angelo | Europe | Italy | Lazio | Ponte Sant'Angelo | Roma | Saint Peter's Basilica | Tevere
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Hollis, 1792–1842, British, Rome; Bridge and Castle of St. Angelo on the Tyber, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.