St. Julienne's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and graphite, engraver's proof (touched) on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (44.5 × 31.1 cm), Plate: 11 1/2 × 6 inches (29.2 × 15.2 cm), and Image: 4 × 2 1/2 inches (10.2 × 6.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.389 (a)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "17/42 Poems. St. Julienne's Chapel - Proof touched and written on by Turner"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "Light"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | blessing | chapel | couple | fountain | friar | gate | kneeling | literary theme | man | monk | niche | pitcher | religious and mythological subject | Rogers, Samuel, 'Poems' (1834) | sculpture | stairs | step | tower | tree | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, St. Julienne's Chapel, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.