St. Julienne's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and graphite, engraver's proof (touched) on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- 17 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (44.5 × 31.1 cm), 11 1/2 × 6 inches (29.2 × 15.2 cm), and 4 × 2 1/2 inches (10.2 × 6.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.389 (a)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "17/42 Poems. St. Julienne's Chapel - Proof touched and written on by Turner"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "Light"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | blessing | chapel | couple | fountain | friar | gate | kneeling | literary theme | man | monk | niche | pitcher | religious and mythological subject | Rogers, Samuel, 'Poems' (1834) | sculpture | stairs | step | tower | tree | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, St. Julienne's Chapel, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.