- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, with beige, chine colle
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 9 1/8 inches (36.8 × 23.2 cm), Plate: 11 3/8 × 6 inches (28.9 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 11 × 5 1/2 inches (27.9 × 14 cm), and Image: 3 × 3 1/2 inches (7.6 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "with two herons | R 394. Bolton Abbey, E.P. [...]"
Collector's Sale stamp, verso, lower right: "Hawkins Sale 29,3,04 A.W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom | Wharfe | Wharfedale
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Bolton Abbey, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.