Lake of Nemi
- Part Of:
- Engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderatey thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 14 5/8 inches (29.5 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 5/8 inches (22.9 × 29.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 11/16 × 11 1/4 inches (22.1 × 28.6 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 × 8 9/16 inches (14.3 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Lake of Nemi"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "]To.Mr]. Robinson from Mr.J.Pye
Lettered, lower center: "Etch'd by P.Middiman | Engraved by John Pye, 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | hill | lake | landscape (representation) | palace
- Associated Places:
- Albani, Colli | Church of Santa Maria della Cima | Europe | Genzano di Roma | Italy | Lazio | Nemi, Lago di | Palazzo Sforza Caeserini
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Samuel Middiman, ca. 1750–1831, British, Lake of Nemi, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.