IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Rawle, 1771–1860, British, Florence, from the Ponte alla Carria, 1818-1820
Florence, from the Ponte alla Carria
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 3/8 inches (29.2 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 11 3/4 inches (22.5 × 29.8 cm), Chine collé: 8 9/16 × 11 5/8 inches (21.7 × 29.5 cm), Image: 5 9/16 × 8 9/16 inches (14.1 × 21.7 cm)
Lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by [J.Rowle]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridges | cityscape | palace | river
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Europe | Firenze | Italy | Palazzo Vecchio | Ponte alla Carraia | Ponte Vecchio | Toscana
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.