Florence, from the Chiesa al Monte
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 12 × 17 1/2 inches (30.5 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 10 3/16 × 13 1/4 inches (25.9 × 33.7 cm), Chine collé: 9 7/8 × 12 1/2 inches (25.1 × 31.8 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 × 8 5/8 inches (14 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R158.(aa)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Florence fr. Hakewill's Italy. V | 158 E.P. Before [with]. unrecoreded ([between R j (a) of 1b])"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "158"; inscribed in grapihte, verso, lower right: "2937"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke.1820."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridges | cityscape | crucifix | landscape | men | monks | mountains | nuns | procession | religious and mythological subject | staff | towers | trees | vegetation | walls | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Florence, from the Chiesa al Monte, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.