The Little Devil's Bridge
- between 1816 and 1820
- Open etching and line engraving, (touched) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 8 5/8 × 11 9/16 inches (21.9 × 29.4 cm), 6 1/8 × 8 1/16 inches (15.6 × 20.5 cm), and 4 3/16 × 6 1/16 inches (10.6 × 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Little Devil's Bridge (from the Liber Studiorum) | The only impression [... ... ...] of this line Engraving."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[Probably] about 1816-20"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | gorge (landform) | landscape (representation) | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Europe | San Gottardo, Passo del | Schweiz | Schöllenen Gorge | Teufelsbrücke
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, nineteenth century, The Little Devil's Bridge, between 1816 and 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.