- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 19 7/8 inches (33.7 × 50.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/16 × 17 9/16 inches (28.4 × 44.6 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 × 10 3/4 inches (19.2 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.169. E.P. Finished , [but] w.a.l."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "W.N. Smith | 10 N. PM[...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: Richmond Yorkshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "[...] 55""; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Richmond Yorkshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Engravers Presentation Proof | Very Scarce"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "1324"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Church of St. Mary the Virgin | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Richmond Castle | Richmond Falls | Swale | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Richmond, Yorkshire, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.