Richmond Castle and Town
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 17 1/2 inches (29.5 × 44.5 cm), Chine collé (trimmed to plate): 10 13/16 × 17 1/4 inches (27.5 × 43.8 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 7/8 inches (19.1 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.170.Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.170 Etching | Richmond Yorkshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "A.Walli's Richmond"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "J.E.Taylor Collection. | 15.7.12 A.W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | river | ruin
- Associated Places:
- England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Richmond Castle | Swale | The Green Bridge | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Wykeham Archer, 1808–1864, British, Richmond Castle and Town, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.