St. Agatha's Abbey, Easby
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 11 1/4 × 16 5/8 inches (28.6 × 42.2 cm) and Image: 8 1/16 × 11 3/16 inches (20.5 × 28.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.171. E.P. (a.)"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Easby"; lettered, lower right: "Etch;d by J. Le Keux"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | landscape (representation) | river | ruin
- Associated Places:
- Abbey of St. Agatha, Easby | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Swale | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Le Keux, 1783–1846, British, St. Agatha's Abbey, Easby, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.