- St. Agatha's Abbey, Easby
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 21 1/8 inches (38.1 × 53.7 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 × 17 inches (35.4 × 43.2 cm), and Image: 8 × 11 1/4 inches (20.3 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.171. Etching."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "171 Etching"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "A Wallis"; lower right: "the girl milking the white cow (b) | was [introduced] in a later [state]"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Easby"; lettered, lower right: "Etch'd by J.Le Keux."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Le Keux, 1783–1846, British, St. Agatha's Abbey, Easby, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.