IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Le Keux, 1783–1846, British, St. Agatha's Abbey, Easby, 1818-1823
St. Agatha's Abbey, Easby
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 21 1/8 inches (38.1 × 53.7 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 × 17 inches (35.4 × 43.2 cm), Image: 8 × 11 1/4 inches (20.3 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.171. Etching."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "171 Etching"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "A Wallis"; lower right: "the girl milking the white cow (b) | was [introduced] in a later [state]"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Easby"; lettered, lower right: "Etch'd by J.Le Keux."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | landscape (representation) | river | ruin
- Associated Places:
- Abbey of St. Agatha, Easby | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Swale | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.