Fall of the Tees
- Additional Title(s):
High Force Waterfall
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 15 × 20 5/8 inches (38.1 × 52.4 cm), Plate: 11 9/16 × 17 9/16 inches (29.4 × 44.6 cm), Chine collé: 11 1/4 × 17 1/4 inches (28.6 × 43.8 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 × 10 3/4 inches (19.4 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.173 E.P.(G)"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "W.G.R."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "6717"
Lettered, lower left: "W.M.J.Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Fall of the Tees 1821"; lettered, lower right: "J.Landseer F.S.A. sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | mountain | river | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | High Force | Middleton in Teesdale | Pennine Chain | Tees | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Fall of the Tees, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.