Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 × 17 7/8 inches (29.4 × 45.4 cm), Plate: 11 3/16 × 17 1/2 inches (28.4 × 44.5 cm), and Image: 7 5/16 × 10 5/8 inches (18.6 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.175. Etching."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.175 Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right; "A. Wallis | 7/6 [...]"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "J.E. Taylor Collection. | 15.7.12 A.W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Greta | Rokeby | Tees | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.