Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 × 19 3/4 inches (34.9 × 50.2 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 × 17 1/2 inches (28.6 × 44.5 cm), Image: 7 5/16 × 10 5/8 inches (18.6 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. | 175 (b) R.175. E.P.(aa) (Not quite finished)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "175 E.P. 2 [Between] R's (a) and (b) | Before various darks in foreground"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "No.3"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "A.Wallis"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "W.G. Rawlinson's Sale | 28.3.16 | A.W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Greta | Rokeby | Tees | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.