- Part Of:
- Open etching and line engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Mount: 11 13/16 × 16 3/4 inches (30 × 42.5 cm), Chine collé: 11 1/8 × 16 inches (28.3 × 40.6 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 11/16 inches (17.8 × 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.176. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "4 - 176 Etching | Brignall Church Engraver's Proof (8)"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner delt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | mountain | river
- Associated Places:
- Brignall | Durham | England | Greta | Old Church of St. Mary's | Pennine | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Rawle, 1771–1860, British, Brignall Church, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.