Wycliffe, near Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on very thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 13 5/8 × 19 7/8 inches (34.6 × 50.5 cm), Plate: 11 × 17 inches (27.9 × 43.2 cm), Chine collé: 10 7/8 × 16 3/16 inches (27.6 × 41.1 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 × 10 11/16 inches (19.2 × 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R | 177. E.P. (aa)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "177 EP 2 [Between R's (a) & (b) Before some lines over light [...] & on water above geese."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Wycliffe | Yorkshire Series"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "No.3 R (b) i | Reflection of sun on River [...] | after & wing of [...] goose altered. | [...]"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "W.G.Rawlinson's Sale | 28.3.15 | A.W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Tees | United Kingdom | Wycliffe | Wycliffe Hall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Wycliffe, near Rokeby, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.