St. Herbert's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 17 5/16 × 11 13/16 inches (44 × 30 cm), Plate: 11 1/16 × 6 1/2 inches (28.1 × 16.5 cm), Chine collé: 10 3/4 × 6 1/4 inches (27.3 × 15.9 cm), and Image: 3 × 3 1/4 inches (7.6 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.379"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "St. Herbert's Chapel"
Collector's stamp, "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chapel | historical subject | lake | literary theme | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | Derwent Water | England | Lake District | St. Herbert's Island | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, St. Herbert's Chapel, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.