St. Herbert's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 5/16 × 11 13/16 inches (44 × 30 cm), Plate: 11 1/16 × 6 1/2 inches (28.1 × 16.5 cm), Chine collé: 10 3/4 × 6 1/4 inches (27.3 × 15.9 cm), Image: 3 × 3 1/4 inches (7.6 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.379"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "St. Herbert's Chapel"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chapel | historical subject | lake | literary theme | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | Derwent Water | England | Lake District | St. Herbert's Island | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, St. Herbert's Chapel, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.