Wycliffe, near Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching False proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 15 × 21 5/8 inches (38.1 × 54.9 cm), Plate: 11 × 17 inches (27.9 × 43.2 cm), Chine collé: 11 × 16 7/8 inches (27.9 × 42.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 5/8 inches (19.1 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.177. False Proof."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "False Proof: Title erased."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Wycliffe near Rokeby"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "4672"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "[etc, etc.] Presentation Proof from [...] Pye | Very [...]"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by John Pye"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Tees | United Kingdom | Wycliffe | Wycliffe Hall
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Wycliffe, near Rokeby, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.