- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Open etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 15/16 inches (29.8 × 45.6 cm), Plate: 11 1/8 × 17 7/16 inches (28.3 × 44.3 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 × 11 inches (19.2 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.179. Etching."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.179. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "n | Ward [...]"
Lettered, lower center: "J.Scott Aquaforti fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river | valley (landform) | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Aysgarth | Aysgarth Falls | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | United Kingdom | Ure | Wensleydale
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Scott, 1774–1828, British, Aysgarth Force, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.