- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Open etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 15/16 inches (29.8 × 45.6 cm), Plate: 11 1/8 × 17 7/16 inches (28.3 × 44.3 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 × 11 inches (19.2 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.179. Etching."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.179. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "n | Ward [...]"
Lettered, lower center: "J.Scott Aquaforti fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river | valley (landform) | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Aysgarth | Aysgarth Falls | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | United Kingdom | Ure | Wensleydale
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Scott, 1774–1828, British, Aysgarth Force, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.