Crook of the Lune, Looking towards Hornby Castle
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 14 5/8 × 20 15/16 inches (37.1 × 53.2 cm), 11 1/4 × 17 1/2 inches (28.6 × 44.5 cm), 11 1/16 × 17 3/16 inches (28.1 × 43.7 cm), and 7 1/2 × 11 inches (19.1 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.183. E.P."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "14"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Crook of the Lune"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "m/ -/-"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "9"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | castle | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Caton Lune Bridge | Crook o' Lune | England | Hornby | Hornby Castle | Lancashire | Lune | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Wykeham Archer, 1808–1864, British, Crook of the Lune, Looking towards Hornby Castle, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.