IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Edinburgh from Leith Harbour, Vignette Title to Vol. II, 1826
Edinburgh from Leith Harbour, Vignette Title to Vol. II
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Provincial Antiquities and Picturesque Scenery of Scotland
- Line engraving, first published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 11 1/16 inches (38.7 × 28.1 cm), Plate: 14 5/16 × 10 inches (36.4 × 25.4 cm), Chine collé: 14 × 9 1/2 inches (35.6 × 24.1 cm), Image: 7 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (19.7 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "11"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "11"
Lettered, upper center: "Provincial Antiquities and Picturesque Scenery | of | SCOTLAND, | with descriptive illustrations | BY SIR WALTER SCOTT, BART."; lettered, lower center: "VOLUME II. | LONDON, | PUBLISHED BY JOHN AND ARTHUR ARCH, CORNHILL. | and by William Blackwood, Edinburgh. | 1826."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Edinburgh | Leith | North Sea | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.