- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/16 × 17 inches (28.4 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 10 × 12 1/4 inches (25.4 × 31.1 cm), and Image: 6 7/16 × 9 1/2 inches (16.4 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Final Proof (2) | Before the [...] cloud on extreme upper left [...] prolonged - [...] [...] abruptly. | From the [Bah] Colllection"
Collector's stamp, lowr right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Forth | Forth, Firth of | North Berwick | North Sea | Scotland | Tantallon Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Tantallon Castle, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.