Bell Rock Lighthouse
- Line engraving, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 12 7/8 inches (24.4 × 32.7 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 11 5/8 inches (22.7 × 29.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 3/4 × 11 1/4 inches (22.2 × 28.6 cm), Image: 5 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.9 × 22.2 cm)
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "bell rock light house | DURING A STORM FROM THE NORTH EAST."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Horsburgh. | Printed by McQueen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | lighthouse | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Bell Rock Lighthouse | North Sea | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Horsburgh, 1791–1869, British, Bell Rock Lighthouse, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.