- Manor (Knowsley Lane?)
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 9 5/8 inches (16.2 x 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "light yew branches on dark"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "sycamore | holly"; in graphite, upper center: "slate"; lower center: "walk"; lower right: "lawn"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimney (architectural element) | fountain | landscape | manor houses | road | sycamore trees | trees | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Manor (Knowsley Lane?), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.