IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Longships Lighthouse, Lands End, 1836
Longships Lighthouse, Lands End
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 16 3/8 × 22 inches (41.6 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 10 × 13 inches (25.4 × 33 cm), Chine collé: 9 9/16 × 12 1/2 inches (24.3 × 31.8 cm), Image: 6 1/2 × 9 15/16 inches (16.5 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.288"; inscribed in graphite, lower left; "Long Ships Lighthouse | First Publishers State"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Eng & Wales"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape (landform) | lighthouse | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Celtic Sea | England | English Channel | Land's End | Longships Lighthouse | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Turner and the Sublime (British Museum, 1981-05-15 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-02-11 - 1981-04-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1980-11-01 - 1981-01-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.