- Longships Lighthouse, Lands End
- Line engraving, 1st published state on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 16 3/8 × 22 inches (41.6 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 10 × 13 inches (25.4 × 33 cm), Chine collé: 9 9/16 × 12 1/2 inches (24.3 × 31.8 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 15/16 inches (16.5 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.288"; inscribed in graphite, lower left; "Long Ships Lighthouse | First Publishers State"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Eng & Wales"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Longships Lighthouse, Lands End, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.